The Fire Danger Season on the Yorke Peninsula is from 1st November till 30th April (and is subject to change - please refer to the CFS website for further updates).
During the Fire Danger Season restrictions apply throughout the state of South Australia. Fires and burning are not permitted unless a Permit has been obtained from Council.
Fire Permit Types
There are two types of permits:
- Schedule 9 Permit - for fire or activities on days during the Fire Danger Season.
- Schedule 10 Permit - for fires or activities on Total Fire Ban Days and are intended for emergency use only.
Fire Permits are available from the 17th February 2020 to 30th April 2020 (or if the Fire Danger Season has been extended, then the end of the Fire Danger Season as outlined on the CFS website).
Fire Permits are issued by Council's authorised officer. A permit can be applied for by visiting the Kadina Council office or over the phone by telephoning (08) 8828 1200.
Fire Permit Application and Conditions
An application for a Fire Permit must be made at least one (1) day prior to burning, allowing Council's authorised officer to assess the application and issue the permit. All fire permits will be issued subject to fire bans and general weather conditions.
- Fires shall not be lit without a permit
- Fires must not be lit on any total fire ban day
- Fires shall not be lit on Saturdays, Sundays or Public holidays
- Fires shall not be lit before 10am and must be extinguished by 9pm.
- No burning without a permit
- Broadacre burning conditions apply, a copy will be issued with your permit Broadacre Burning Permit Conditions.
Once the permit has been issued, the permit holder:
- Must read and understand the permit and its conditions before commencing
- The day of the planned burn off, check for updated Fire Bans and extreme weather conditions (high wind and high temperature). These bans will apply for 24 hours, midnight to midnight, and will often be broadcast on radio and television from 6.00pm the night before.
- Notify Council of your intention to burn before 12 noon on the day of the burn off. This can be done either by phone (08) 8828 1200 or by filling out the online form. Any notification received after 12 noon carries over to the following day.
Further information can be found:
- Visit the CFS Website - www.cfs.sa.gov.au
- Telephone Council on (08) 8828 1200.