The purpose of the committee is to provide independent advice and recommendation on matters relating to corporate and financial governance, including:
- Ensuring Council’s compliance with relevant legislation.
- Ensuring the processes are in place that leads to the provision of value for money services to the community.
- Ensuring the strategic objectives of Council are met.
- Ensuring the maintenance of an adequate internal control framework.
- Maintenance of an independent and objective internal and external audit function.
The Audit Committee currently comprises four positions - three elected members of Council and one independent representative, who is also the Chairman of the Committee. The independent member has recent and relevant experience in financial management, risk management and internal/external audit.
|2019 Audit Committee Dates|