The purpose of the committee is to provide independent advice and recommendation on matters relating to corporate and financial governance, including:
- Ensuring Council’s compliance with relevant legislation.
- Ensuring the processes are in place that leads to the provision of value for money services to the community.
- Ensuring the strategic objectives of Council are met.
- Ensuring the maintenance of an adequate internal control framework.
- Maintenance of an independent and objective internal and external audit function.
Members of the committee, including a chairman, are appointed by Council every two years. The committee consists of five members - three elected members of Council and two independent representatives. The independent members have recent and relevant experience in financial management, risk management and internal/external audit.
|2021 Audit Committee Dates|