Household Bin Purchasing
The bins are the property of the owner and do not belong to the Copper Coast Council.
All bins are required to comply with the following standards:
- Copper Coast Council Mobile Garbage Bin Specifications And Requirements
- EN840 - EN840 Information Sheet
- AS4123 - AS4123 Two Wheeled Mobile Garbage Bin Specifications
The standards sets out:
- the design of the bins (including the colour and markings) ensuring uniformity and functionality for users, contractors and mechanical emptying systems.
- the performance requirements and testing methods ensuring the capacity and strength of the bin is suitable for the purpose intended while being UV-stabilised and chemical resistance to increase the life of the bin.
Older style bins across South Australia are progressively being phased out to align with the Australia standards. The dark green lid/dark green body bin has now been replaced with the red lid/dark green body bin. The complying bins can be purchased from:
- Wardles Garbage Contractors Moonta - (08) 8825 3341
- Shippy’s Hardware Moonta - (08) 8825 2867
- Tru Value Hardware Wallaroo - (08) 8823 2042
- Mitre 10 Kadina - (08) 8821 2445
- Stratco kadina - 1300 185 185
- Vennings, Mines Road, Kadina - (08) 8821 1196
Should you wish to purchase bins from any other businesses, please ensure the bin meets the Australian Standard, and is the correct size and model.