Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I let off fireworks?
- Can I burn off on my property?
- Can I use a gas or electric barbecue?
- Can I use a solid fuel kettle barbecue?
- Can I use a pizza oven?
These common questions and more are addressed on CFS Fact Sheet - Restrictions: What can and can't I do during a fire danger season?
The CFS also has available on their website a large range of Fact Sheets including:
- Aerial fire-fighting
- Building a home in a bushfire risk area
- Bushfire advice and warning messages
- Bushfire safer places
- Creating fuel breaks around your home
- Emergency Kits
- Grinders, welders, cutters and engines
- How buildings burn
- Permits to burn
- Planning to leave early
- Planning to stay and defend
- Preparing pets and livestock for bushfires
- Preparing your home for bushfires
- Private bushfire shelters - bunkers
- Ways to stay informed
- Looking after horses in bushfires - Guide
- The Fire Danger Season - Guide
- What to do when a bushfire happens - Guides
Should you have any further queries, please contact Council on (08) 8828 1200.