Due to COVID-19 restrictions being eased as of 12:01 am on Sunday, 22 November, Council has now reopened the following services to the public:
- Council’s principal Kadina office (51 Taylor Street) and Wallaroo office (Wallaroo Library)
- Copper Coast Sport and Leisure Centre
- All Libraries (Moonta Community Library to be confirmed)
- Copper Coast Visitor Information Centre
- Copper Coast Putt Putt and The Farm Shed Museum
- Copper Coast Resource Recovery Centre
- Community Halls
- All roadworks, parks and gardens and general maintenance
The following essential services that continued during lockdown will continue as per normal:
- Waste collection services
- Community wastewater management scheme maintenance
- Planning and Building Approvals
- Public toilets
With outdoor exercise now allowed, our playgrounds remain accessible to the public.
These services will be provided with the current COVID-19 restrictions in place, and we advise the public to follow the latest SA Government directions as well by visiting www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/response
The Copper Coast Indoor Play Centre and Splash Town will remain closed until the current restrictions are eased further.
We will continue to keep the public updated with the latest news and upcoming events.
Trusted sources of information
SA Health – sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVID2019
Australian Government Department of Health – health.gov.au
Smartraveller – smartraveller.gov.au
healthdirect – healthdirect.gov.au
Please ensure that you are only getting information regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus) from trustworthy sources. The four listed above as well www.australia.gov.au and www.sa.gov.au are providing up to date information frequently.
Stop the spread – hygiene and social distancing
The most effective thing you can do to minimise the risk of spread of the virus is to practice good hygiene.
- Cover your coughs/sneezes with a tissue or if not, your elbow
- Dispose of used tissues immediately
- Wash your hand with soap and water before handling food, eating and after going to the toilet. Avoid touching your face.
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces.
- Ensure that all members of the community keep a healthy distance of 1.5m from everyone around you and stay away from others if you are unwell.
Do I have Coronavirus?
If you are unsure if you potentially have COVID-19 (Coronavirus), please check healthdirect.gov.au for your symptoms and the appropriate actions to take.
If you have anxiety, distress or concern regarding COVID-19, please contact any of the below;
The COVID-19 mental health support line: 1800 632 753 (8am-8pm 7 days a week)
Beyond Blue - 1300 22 4636
Lifeline - 13 11 14
Regional Access Program - 1300 032 186