Message from the Mayor
Trusted sources of information
SA Health – sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVID2019
Australian Government Department of Health – health.gov.au
Smartraveller – smartraveller.gov.au
healthdirect – healthdirect.gov.au
Please ensure that you are only getting information regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus) from trustworthy sources. The four listed above as well www.australia.gov.au and www.sa.gov.au are providing up to date information frequently.
Stop the spread – hygiene and social distancing
The most effective thing you can do to minimise the risk of spread of the virus is to practice good hygiene.
- Cover your coughs/sneezes with a tissue or if not, your elbow
- Dispose of used tissues immediately
- Wash your hand with soap and water before handling food, eating and after going to the toilet. Avoid touching your face.
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces.
- Ensure that all members of the community keep a healthy distance of 1.5m from everyone around you and stay away from others if you are unwell.
Do I have Coronavirus?
If you are unsure if you potentially have COVID-19 (Coronavirus), please check healthdirect.gov.au for your symptoms and the appropriate actions to take.
If you have anxiety, distress or concern regarding COVID-19, please contact any of the below;
The COVID-19 mental health support line: 1800 632 753 (8am-8pm 7 days a week)
Beyond Blue - 1300 22 4636
Lifeline - 13 11 14
Regional Access Program - 1300 032 186