Enrolling to Vote


Enrolling to Vote

Council Elections - Enrolling to Vote


The voters’ roll for council elections consists of two components – the House of Assembly (State) roll, and the council supplementary roll.

Almost everyone over 18 living, owning or leasing property in a Council area can be eligible to vote...

You must be enrolled on the Council voters roll to be able to vote. You are eligible to vote if you are:

  • 18 years of age or over on or before the close of voting; and

  • a resident in the Council area. You do not have to own a house or property to enrol to vote - tenants have those rights too.

  • Owners of property who are not residents, including body corporates or groups, also have entitlements to enrol to vote.

How do I get on the Council Voters Roll?

You will automatically appear on the Council voters roll, and receive a postal ballot pack if you are:

  • already on the State electoral roll (House of Assembly Roll), which means you vote in State Government elections;
    However if you have changed address or postal address recently and have not changed your enrolment details you will need to do this now!

If you have moved house or changed your name, you need to complete a new enrolment form, available at your local Post Office or Electoral Commission of SA by clicking here  enrol for council elections 

  • If you are not enrolled on the House of Assembly roll you may be eligible to register on the council supplementary roll if:

    ·         You have been resident at your current address for one month and are not on the State Electoral Roll

    ·         You are a sole owner/occupier of rateable property

    ·         You are NOT an Australian Citizen but you have been a resident at your current address for one month

    ·         You are a landlord for rateable property

    ·         You are an organisation/business owner or occupier of rateable property

    ·         You are a group of owners or occupiers of rateable property

    However if you are a landlord, business lessee or resident non - Australian citizen and you wish to vote in Council elections you must enrol by completing an enrolment form, available from your Council. Council contact information is available:  click here .

Organisations, business owners or occupiers

  • Organisations, business owners or occupiers are required to nominate a designated person to vote on their behalf who is a natural person, of or above 18 years of age.

  • If you are unsure whether you are on the Council voters roll, Contact Copper Coast Council's Rates Officer on (08) 8828 1200 or email info@coppercoast.sa.gov.au.

For the forms to Enrol to Vote please click the following buttons:


Resident not on the state electoral roll Business or Organisation, Sole Owner Group of Owners or Occupiers


Click the following links to access further election information.

General Information / Enrolling to Vote / Nominating to Stand for Council / Voting in Council Elections

All material on this webpage is authorised by Russell Peate, Chief Executive Officer, Copper Coast Council, 51 Taylor Street, Kadina SA 5554.

Contact Council

Find Us

51 Taylor Street

PO Box 396

Kadina SA 5554

Opening Hours

Monday to Fridays

9.00am - 5.00pm

Closed Public Holidays

Subscribe with us