Household Chemicals and Paint Disposal
- Paint must be dried out by leaving the lid off.
- Once dry, remove the paint from the tin and place it in your red general waste bin.
- The empty paint tin can then be placed in your yellow recycle bin.
At present, the Resource Recovery Centre at Wallaroo is not licenced to received containers that contain liquids (paints, poisons and chemicals).
Paintback is an independent not-for-profit organisation which is funded through a 15 cents plus GST per litre levy on eligible products*, between 1 litre and 20 litres inclusive. Along with disposing of waste paint responsibly, Paintback is committed to researching new ways to repurpose unwanted paint materials.
Paintback Centres will receive FREE OF CHARGE the following:
- Acids and alkalis
- Brake fluid and coolants
- Motor oil
- Cleaning products
- Liquid paints – oil and water-based up to 100 litres
- Gas cylinders
- Pesticides, herbicides, insecticides
- Photographic chemicals
- Pool chemicals
- Solvents, varnishes and stains
- Fluorescent light globes
- Other household chemicals
Paint Back drop off locations:
North Plympton: 181 Morphett Road, North Plympton. Opening hours: Monday-Friday 7am-4pm, Saturday 8am-3pm, Sunday 10am-3pm
Campbelltown: 6 Newton Road, Campbelltown. Opening hours: Monday-Friday 8am-3pm
Edinburgh North: Gate 3, Bellchambers Road, Edinburgh North. Opening hours: Monday-Friday 8am-4pm, Weekends 9am-3pm
Heathfield: 32 Scott Creek Road, Heathfield. Opening hours: Monday-Friday 7.30am-4pm, Weekends 9am-4pm
To locate your nearest free paint drop off location, visit PaintBack's website: www.paintback.com.au
Further information, contact Green Industries SA (Government South Australia) - phone 8204 2051