NDIS SKILL WORKSHOPS
A new project called SKILL (Strengthening Knowledge Ideas Links & Leadership) is coming to the Wallaroo Coopers Alehouse (11 Heritage Drive, Wallaroo SA 5556) from next month (September and October).
The tailored NDIS self-help workshops are aimed at building the individual capacity of people living with disability, and their family members/carers/allies.
Attendees will have dedicated time to think about their vision, goals and life journey, make a plan, manage their supports, connect with their local community, ensure they feel at home and also safeguard their success.
It will not cost participants anything to attend as the workshops are free (and being funded by the NDIA via the ILC grant).
The following video will help gain an understanding of what these workshops are all about: https://vimeo.com/435615144/b98865a3e6
You can secure your place at one of the workshops HERE
Specific Workshop details:
- Each day commences at 9.30am (coffee from 9am) and concludes at 3pm, with morning tea and lunch breaks.
- Workshops are delivered in three x two day offerings. Those who are not local to Wallaroo and wish to stay nearby (to reduce or manage fatigue, for example), it is likely these costs can be claimed through your own NDIS Plan if on CORE funding and are Plan or Self Managed.
- It is available for people living with disability and their supporters/family members. They can also bring along a Support Worker if they need that assistance (for transport or other support – again, the cost of any Support Worker’s time can likely be claimed via CORE NDIS funding).
The delivery dates are as follows:
- Wednesday and Thursday, September 9 and 10 - Workshops 1 and 2
- Tuesday and Wednesday, September 22 and 23 - Workshops 3 and 4
- Wednesday and Thursday, October 21 and 22 October - Workshops 5 and 6.