DRAFT DISABILITY ACCESS AND INCLUSION PLAN 2020—YORKE PENINSULA ALLIANCE
Copper Coast Council has released its draft Disability Access and Inclusion Plan as part of the Yorke Peninsula Alliance. The draft plan covers a four-year period from 2020 to 2024 and identifies five high-level focus areas:
- Joining in with tourism, events and sports
- Having a say in Council decisions
- Moving around the region
- Finding information easily
- Working with Council.
Over 270 people across the region, which also includes Barunga West and Yorke Peninsula, gave us ideas and feedback to help us prepare the draft plan. We are now asking the community to tell us:
- If the regional focus areas are right for our community
- How we can improve the regional Plan
- Ideas for local projects and actions for Council to prepare an action plan.
We want to hear from people with disability and their friends, family members, carers, agencies as well as the general community. You can provide input in one or more of the following ways:
- Complete a survey in hard copy
- Complete a survey online (www.surveymonkey.com/r/YorkeDAIP)
- Email feedback to email@example.com
- Write to Council at PO Box 396, Kadina, SA, 5554
- Comment on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/coppercoastcouncil/)
- Talk to one of your local Elected Members
Consultation is open until 18 September 2020.
If you require a copy of the draft plan in an alternative format, please visit our Kadina Council Office at 51 Taylor St or call us on (08) 8828 1200.
Click here to view the draft Disability Access and Inclusion Plan
An easy read copy of the draft Disability Access and Inclusion Plan is also available here.