Covid Virus Update

UPDATE: Read the latest update regarding our response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Read More

Dismiss alert


Do I need Development Approval?

New House

Class 1 of the Building Code of Australia being a development for a new dwelling or extending or altering an existing dwelling will require Development Approval. 

Full Development Approval comprises of both:

  • Development Plan Consent (DPC)

  • Building Rules Consent (BRC).

A Development Application may be lodged for both consents together or separately.

Lodging a Development Application

All forms and checklists are available on the Planning and Development page to assist you with your development application including:

Other Useful Documents and Links

Documents, Tools and Links to assist with the preparation of your Development Application

Further Information

To obtain further information or to discuss your specific circumstances, please contact our office ph (08) 8828 1200 option 3.