The Advertiser Little Big Book Club is offering parents of babies aged between 6 months and 12 months a free reading pack. To collect your pack simply present 'Your Child's Personal Health Record' (the blue book) at the Kadina or Wallaroo Library counters.
Reading aloud and sharing books is a special time for you and your child. It's also one of the most important activities you can do to help your child develop the skills they will need to learn to read and write.
For more information visit the website http://www.thelittlebigbookclub.com.au/
When attending storytime...
- please be prompt
- sit with your child and enjoy the session
- if your child becomes restless please feel free to leave the sessions at any time.
RHYTHM & RHYME TIME
From birth to 5 years old
Last Thursday of the month 10.30am
Rhythm & Rhyme sessions...
- Introduce children to language through sounds, pattern, rhythm, rhymes, repetition and music.
- Encourage development in listening and language skills which are important foundations for early literacy
- Encourage interaction between the child and parent/carer
- Enable children to socialise
- Enable caregivers to socialise and meet other carers
- Develop an interest in libraries and reading
When attending Rhyme Time...
- Please be prompt
- Sit with your child on your knee and participate in the session
If your child becomes restless feel free to leave at anytime