The Advertiser Little Big Book Club is offering parents of babies aged between 6 months and 12 months a free reading pack. To collect your pack simply present 'Your Child's Personal Health Record' (the blue book) at the Library counter.
Reading aloud and sharing books is a special time for you and your child. It's also one of the most important activities you can do to help your child develop the skills they will need to learn to read and write.
For more information visit the website http://www.thelittlebigbookclub.com.au/
When attending storytime...
- please be prompt
- sit with your child and enjoy the session
- if your child becomes restless please feel free to leave the sessions at any time.
RHYTHM & RHYME TIME
From birth to 5 years old
Kadina Thursdays 10.30am
during school terms
Rhythm & Rhyme sessions...
- Introduce children to language through sounds, pattern, rhythm, rhymes, repetition and music.
- Encourage development in listening and language skills which are important foundations for early literacy
- Encourage interaction between the child and parent/carer
- Enable children to socialise
- Enable caregivers to socialise and meet other carers
- Develop an interest in libraries and reading
When attending Rhyme Time...
- Please be prompt
- Sit with your child on your knee and participate in the session
If your child becomes restless feel free to leave at anytime
READ & RHYME TIME
Moonta Tuesdays during school terms
Baby Read & Rhyme Time - for babies from 0-12 months - 10.30am
Toddler Read & Rhyme Time - for 1 to three year olds -11.15am
This is an opportunity for parents or caregivers to share age appropriate songs, rhymes and stories with their babies and toddlers.
Each baby receives a book bag of goodies courtesy of The Little Big Book Club and each toddler receives a bag and a book.
No bookings needed but our space is limited so if you can leave your pram behind we would appreciate it.
If you have a baby please bring a rug to put on the floor.
Read & Rhyme Time will begin again on Tuesday February 4th 2014. Please contact the Moonta library for further information and to confirm dates.